Perfectly preserved since its founding in 1443 by Nicolas Rolin, chancellor of Philip the Good, this jewel of flamboyant Gothic architecture illustrates the close relationship that existed between Burgundy and Flanders, new vassal of the House of Valois. Its polychrome roofs and golds of the polyptych of the Last Judgment, due to the Flemish master Rogier van der Weyden made it famous . But the medieval hospital has many more treasures : the great hall of the Poor, rich carved ceiling and painted, the Gothic chapel, the kitchen with a spit operated by a controller and the pharmacy with its pottery collections and pewter.
Address : Street of l’Hôtel-Dieu 21200 Beaune
From 7,50 € tarif pleinWeb site